Makes approx. 20 servings.
- 4 pounds of prepared polenta in tube, sliced into ½” rounds.
- 4 Tbls. olive oil or more for brushing on polenta rounds.
- 1 stick butter
- 2# of assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup diced onion
- ¼ cup Sherry vinegar
- 1 teas. Kosher salt
- ½ teas. Black pepper
- ½ teas. Crush red pepper flakes
- 1 teas. Diced garlic
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 4 oz Fontina cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
Preheat oven to 450. Brush BOTH sides of polenta with oil and arrange on rimmed baking sheets. Roast until lightly golden brown, approx.. 25 mins.
Meanwhile melt butter with remaining olive oil in skillet . Add the mushrooms, onions and cook, stirring often until tender and browned.
Add the vinegar, salt, garlic, black & red peppers and cook another 3-4 mins. Lastly, stir in the chopped fresh parsley.
Place a small scoop of mushroom mixture on polenta, top with cheese and roast in oven until cheese has melted.